Cox Automotive is seeking an Advertising Consultant to serve as an expert in the full portfolio of our digital media solutions. In this role you will work with clients to understand and identify the appropriate digital media solutions based on their specific needs through analysis and consumer/market insights. Once needs are identified, you will be demonstrate consultative sales techniques to present and sell appropriate product lines. After conversion, you will partner with customers on an ongoing basis to ensure effective implementation and utilization of their media and advertising solutions, in order to achieve maximum return on their investment.
This role will sit with Cox Automotive, but scope of sales with span the suite of our nationally recognized brands including Kelley Blue Book and Autotrader.Why a career with Cox Automotive?
At Cox Automotive, your career is yours to invent. A career with Cox Automotive gives you all the benefits that can only come from working for an industry leader, including talented, motivated team members; a diverse, energetic workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
Our Culture: We boast a diverse, energetic, dedicated and fast-paced culture in which teamwork and ingenuity thrive. We strive to create an environment that is entrepreneurial, nurtures personal development and builds on unique talents. Team member passion and commitment to excellence have helped make Cox Automotive a leader in the industry.
We believe team members are our most important resource. We create environments that nurture personal development and promote diversity and inclusion. Our focus on building a better future for our clients, consumers and the industry is ingrained in everything we do, from responsible services and solutions development to team member care and giving back to the communities where we live, work and play.
Job Responsibilities and Competencies
• Apply critical sales techniques including consultative approach, needs assessment, and closing; effectively utilizing an array of presentation skills and tools; considering the customer’s perspective to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Apply relevant tools available for use on-the-job; identifying the appropriate tools for a particular situation (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, SalesForce/CRM, analytical reports).
• Analyze trends to determine risks and plan a mitigation approach (e.g., value proposition conversation, fill pipeline to account for possible loss).
• Develop market intelligence and knowledge of competition, options, and industry trends in order to show a customer their most profitable advertising sources, understand competitors’ strengths, and demonstrate ROI.
• Prospect for new accounts, grow existing accounts, and maximize customer retention; create and manage an account plan within SalesForce.
• Consistently meet goals and objectives; foster high standards within the team.
• Generate and expand relationships with assigned customers and prospects to maximize revenue opportunities and retain customers and business/revenue.
• Establish a Return on Investment (ROI) plan for all customers.
• Provide accurate and complete documentation in SalesForce/CRM.
• Accountable and aware of the financial activity within your book of business.
• Ensure proper onboarding of every new customer regarding best practices, using ATC tools, reporting, market insight, industry knowledge and trends.
• Build long-term, trusting relationships with a range of customers at a dealership: buyer/signer, implementer, stakeholder, etc.
• Take a proactive approach to daily interactions with customer contacts; schedule meetings in advance.
• Diagnose and resolve customer concerns in a timely manner with appropriate resolution for the customer and company.
• Adapt to changes in book of business, customer contacts, and internal structure/role changes.
• HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
• 2+ years proven experience in a sales revenue generation role
• Ability to travel for meetings, training, etc.
• Valid drivers license
• College Degree
• 5+ years proven experience in a sales revenue generation role
• Previous experience working independently, with proven track record of managing time efficiently to meet role responsibilities and goals
• Previous experience in the automotive industry in a media sales or dealership capacity
• Previous experience in media, advertising (preferably digital)
• Previous experience using a Customer Relationship Management system
• Previous experience meeting face-to-face with customers and fostering positive outcomes
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.